The Scruggs Company takes the idea of “Safety” very seriously. It is more than a slogan and it is more than plans and procedures written down on paper.
To achieve a safe workplace, The Scruggs Company has taken many pro-active steps as follows:
- Employ a qualified, full-time safety officer to oversee the safety program. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Conduct training
- Frequently visits jobsites to monitor safe practices
- Participate in operation meetings to anticipate dangerous situations and prepare workforce accordingly
- Provide on-going training through special classes, weekly safety talks and jobsite visits
- Seek input and suggestions from professional safety organizations
- Oversee Safety Jackpot incentive program
- Oversee Safe Driver Award program
- Incentive Programs:
- Several incentive programs offer employees cash rewards for safety performance. Two examples of recent programs include Safety Jackpot drawings based on the number of injury-free months worked and individual safe driver awards based on years driving without an accident.
- Company Culture of Safety first
- We strive to establish an atmosphere wherein each worker seeks to perform their tasks in a safe manner. This requires thinking ahead, anticipating potential accidents before they happen, and taking steps to avoid the accident.