The Scruggs Company, Inc. has immediate openings for Heavy Equipment Operators in our South Georgia Area. These positions will be based out of Hahira, GA.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Operate several types of power construction equipment including but not limited to motor graders, milling machine, bulldozers, backhoes or trackhoes, rollers, off road dump truck drivers, front-end loaders or excavators
- Operate machines to spread, smooth, level, mill or steel-reinforce stone, concrete, or asphalt on road beds or other job sites
- Inspect, clean, maintain, and repair equipment and conduct pre-shift inspections
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards or obstructions such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers or falling objects
- Follow safe practices and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years’ minimum experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to work days, nights, or weekends as needed
- Able to complete all required paperwork efficiently
- Must be able to meet company MVR requirements and have a valid Georgia driver’s license
- Employer conducts drug screening and background check
To apply for this job please visit scruggscompany.com.