Heavy Equipment Mechanic
The Scruggs Company, Inc. has an immediate for a Heavy Equipment Mechanic for our South Georgia Area. This position will be based out of Hahira, GA.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance and repairs on a variety of vehicles and heavy equipment
- Diagnose and correct mechanical problems
- Welding and fabricating
- Ability to perform a variety of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic adjustments and repairs on gasoline and diesel-powered vehicles and heavy construction equipment
- Ability to diagnose problems and make the appropriate adjustments, repairs, or replacements to electrical, hydraulic, engine, transmission, drive train, and mechanical systems
- Ability to use a variety of tools including but not limited to: diagnostic programs (Insite, CAT, ET and Davie), personal tools, common shop hand tools, hoist or crane equipment, grinders, welders, power tools, precision mechanic tools
- Maintain a clean work environment and follow safe practices and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in heavy equipment mechanics – diesel and hydraulics
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Able to complete all required paperwork efficiently.
- Must be able to work days, nights, or weekends as needed
- Must be able to meet company MVR requirements and have a valid Georgia driver’s license
- Employer conducts drug testing and background check
- Click the “Apply for job” button below to complete an online application and upload a resume
- Apply in person at The Scruggs Company, 4679 Old US 41 N, Hahira, GA 31632
- Email your resume with letter of interest to: HRScruggs@scruggscompany.com
To apply for this job please visit scruggscompany.com.