Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Operate asphalt plant controls to weigh and deliver specified quantities of aggregates and asphalt cement to make mix designs and then load onto trucks for weighing.
- Operate the plant in a safe way to ensure safety of personnel working at the plant or delivering/receiving materials.
- Monitor the operation and function of the plant throughout the workday.
- Assist Plant Manager with ordering liquid asphalt, aggregates and other materials or parts.
- Assist Plant Manager with ordering trucks to deliver materials and supplies to plant so the plant will continue to run in an efficient manner and meet required production schedules.
- Assist Plant Manager with keeping required time records and reports of material produced and sold.
- Keep plant office in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Operate computerized controls for both drum and batch asphalt plants.
- Assist with the total plant maintenance and routine servicing.
- Perform a variety of tasks around the plant. In the event assistance is needed, attend cold feed, run loader or dozer at bins and stockpile, general cleanup of facility, etc.
- Occasional lifting of average to heavy weight material, especially when plant is under repair.
- 2 years’ minimum experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Availability to work nights and the ability to work extended shifts when projects need materials or if plant breaks down.
- Moderate physical demand is required.
- Ability to climb onto and off of machines.
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces.
- Able to complete all required paperwork efficiently
- Must be able to meet company MVR requirements and have a valid Georgia driver’s license
- Employer conducts drug screening and background check
To apply for this job please visit scruggscompany.com.